This article discusses how to create a new OAuth app for Microsoft to access your data on Sharepoint/OneDive/Dynamics. Follow these steps to create a new app in just a few minutes.
Step 1: Access the Azure Portal
- Go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/.
- Log in with your account credentials.
- Click the upper left 3x3 tile.
- Click Admin.
- Click Admin Center.
- Click Azure AD.
You should be redirected to https://aad.portal.azure.com.
Step 2: Register the App
- Click App Registration.
- Click New App Registration.
- Name your app something descriptive (so we know what we are looking at later).
- Select Web app / API.
- Sign-on URL as where a user would log into your site.
Step 3: Set up your Keys
- Click Create.
- Scroll to find your app and click it.
- Application ID is your API Key.
- Click Reply URL.
- Enter whatever redirect URLs you want here.
- Click Save.
- Click Owners.
- Add the appropriate owner who will be used for authentication.
- Click Keys.
- Enter a descriptive name for the key
- For Duration select Never Expire (unless you would like it to expire then please make note of when it expires so you know why you run into problems later).
- Click Save.
Once you click save the key will only show once. After that you will NEVER be able to view so if you want to keep this somewhere safe. This key will act as your API secret.
If Setting Up Dynamics CRM
- Click Required Permissions.
- Click Add.
- Click Select and API.
- Look for, and select Dynamics CRM Online.
- Click Select.
- Select all the boxes for permissions then click Select.
- Click Done.
- Click Grant Permissions.
And now after some 24+ steps you have yourself a brand spanking new Microsoft OAuth App.
And for those who are visual learners, check out this video.