User roles define the information that a specific user assigned to the role can view and what they can do in SAP Open Connectors. Each role includes a list of privileges that you can add or remove depending on how you want to manage roles in your organization.
SAP Open Connectors supports the following roles:
- Account Administrator — Performs the same function of the Organization Administrator, but only on the account where they are the administrator. Account Administrator cannot create or manage accounts or set security rules.
- Default User — A non-administrator role for users in non-default accounts.
Note: You cannot manually set
default-userroles for the users in your account. This is intentional behavior, as the default-user role is system-assigned.
- Organization User — non-administrator users in the default company account. Users with the Organization User have no different privileges than other default users.
Update Permissions Assigned to Roles
You can customize the permissions assigned to the SAP Open Connectors roles. You can grant access to new permissions or remove access from existing permissions.
To update permissions assigned to roles:
- Access the Security page.
Note: If you don't see Security, your assigned role does not have access to it.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Click the check boxes to assign or remove permissions.
- Click Update Roles.
Update User Roles
You can assign a user as an account administrator or remove roles.