When a new user signs up for a new account in SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors, we create an organization for that user as well. That organization has an associated Organization Secret. The new user is the default user of the organization and they are an organization administrator. The organization administrator can create and manage the accounts within the organization and the users associated with those accounts. You can add more organization administrators any time.
Accounts that are created within an organization can contain one or more users and are isolated from all other accounts. SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors assigns each user a User Secret. With the Organization Secret representing the organization and the User Secret representing a discrete user associated with an account, users can make requests to the APIs.
Organizations and accounts can hold connectors, formula templates, common resources, and default transformations. Users within an account create individual instances of these, specific to their own account. Those users then use their Organization Secret and User Secret to make API calls.
When creating transformations, any transformation created at the organization level applies to all users of the organization. This includes every user of every account in it. Currently, account level transformations apply to all accounts.
The organization administrator is the only user with access to the security section of SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors. In the Security section, an organization administrator can:
- Manage security settings like the password policy and two-factor authentication.
- Add, update, and delete accounts and users.
- Manage the privileges assigned to roles in SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors.
- The user that can manage accounts, organizational admins, and is associated with the initial sign up with SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors.
- The top level of the accounts and users hierarchy that represents the SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors customer.
- The second level of the accounts and users hierarchy that represents your customers.
- The third level of the accounts and users hierarchy that represents individual instances of connectors and transformations.